Thursday, March 10, 2011

Drug Head

I recently read an article about the best drug store cosmetics.  I have always been a drug store cosmetic kind of girl...not always by choice. As a new make-up wearing teenager I wanted to wear Clinique, the starter makeup. My mom was always a drug store makeup wearer herself and wasn't high on the idea of laying down more cash than necessary on my beauty booty. I am exactly the same way these days. 

Of the products reviewed in the article, I found that I actually use most of them already.  Dang, I'm good!  It got me to thinking about what products others use and if they think the price is worth it. As I am creeping closer to 40 I do think about skin care as well, but have always been happy with my drug store purchases in that area too. 

Here's a run down of what I currently am using:
Skin Care:
  • Oil of Olay Foaming Face Wash
  • Oil of Olay Regenerist Night Cream
  • Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion with Alpha Hydroxy
  • Garnier Skin Renew Eye Cream
Makeup:
  • Cover Girl Bare Natural Powdered Mineral Foundation-Ivory
  • Cover Girl Bare Natural Gentle Mineral Blush-Pinched Pink
  • Maybelline Stylish Smokes Eye Shadow- I have several of these
  • Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner-usually gray or black
  • Maybelline Lash Blast Mascara-very black
  • Lip gloss or lipstick-brands and colors vary, but most days I wear Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush gloss or a Maybelline ColorSensational or my new fave L'Oreal in Fairest Nude.
As you can see, I am not loyal to any one brand and I am always open to try something new.  I would say the one product that I am least willing to switch is the mascara.  I really like the volume the Lash Blast gives me and it doesn't bother my contacts. If I feel like a splurge, I will get an eye shadow or lipstick or gloss from MAC.  I really love their products and find their counter so fun to shop. 

What products do you use?  Are you a drug store girl like me or are you a makeup counter shopper? Are you loyal to just one particular brand or do you mix it up?

1 comment:

momof3girls said...

I love lipstick! I have become obsessed with it! Until 3 months ago I have bought the same two shades of lipstick (1 was my warm weather color, the other was my cold weather color). I was scared to change, or experiment. I caught a review on some different lipstick shades and how to wear them, and I tell you what I can not stop picking up a different color each time I go to the store. Yeah! My lips are not in a decade time warp anymore! (oh, I guess that showed my age!)