Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What i Want Wednesday

My friend Melanie, over at Grand Lake Girl, introduced me to these beaded bracelets. 
They are made by women in Nepal, this is the information that I found as to what the cause is:
 These traditional Nepalese beaded bracelets are handmade by a women's beading cooperative in Nepal, where women have been weaving with beads for centuries. Their highly-skilled work provides them with needed income, assisting them toward self-sufficiency and independence.

Created to help women worldwide gain economic security for themselves and their families by earning fair wages for their handiwork, Global Girlfriend sources women-made, fair-trade imported, eco-friendly products. By supporting long-term partnerships with the artisans, it fosters equal employment opportunities, healthy and safe working conditions, technical assistance, and development strategies to help reduce poverty, one community at a time. Become a "Global Girlfriend" and help build a brighter future for girlfriends around the globe!

Besides all that, they are super cute!  I got mine from this boutique and I had a very hard time just choosing 3.  They are lightweight and comfortable, and fit my smallish wrists perfectly (if only the rest of my body were as small as my wrists!) 
So, in keeping with the theme of the day...I WANT MORE!  

No comments: