Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Best Thing I Ever Ate...this week

This week we had lots of leftovers that were "re-purposed".  One of the ways I used leftover chicken was in this Tamale CasseroleI'm not sure where I got this recipe, but I know it was from the blog world.  I saved it on my phone a while back and just now got around to making it.  It was quick and easy for a weeknight dinner.  We love tamales and this casserole did taste like the real thing.  I didn't use the egg substitute, I just used an egg, and I probably wouldn't use the milk next time.  There was plenty of moisture from the corn and the green chiles (which I didn't drain). 
Photo from Cooking Light
I had some fresh cilantro that I chopped up and put over the top of each serving along with sour cream and salsa.  I think this would also be yummy with taco meat, pulled pork, or leftover roast that you could shred up.  

No comments: