Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Best Thing I Ever Ate...this week

Yet another yummy recipe from Kate's Menu Sunday, I really must find a way to thank this girl for doing all the legwork of finding and trying out new recipes for me! This was a really easy recipe with only a few simple ingredients.           
                                        
Find the recipe for 30 Minute Lemon Brown Sugar Chicken here.  I served it with rice with some chopped green onion  and steamed broccoli. I also put a little soy sauce over the chicken and rice after it was done.

The only change I would make for next time is to season the chicken before dredging it in the flour.  Just some salt, pepper, and garlic powder would do the trick.  I used some lemon pepper in with the flour mixture and it was good, but not necessary.  Don't skip the paprika though, it really helps give the crust that great color. I probably used closer to 1/4 c. of brown sugar and the original recipe called for just 2 T.
I think this would also be delicious with orange instead of the lemon, I think I will try that next time...and there WILL be a next time!

No comments: