Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Ice Cream


I've had a few friends ask me how to make snow ice cream.
I am by no means an expert, but this is how I do it:

Send your sweet husband outside to fetch you a batch of clean snow.

Thank him profusely.

*I only used about half of the snow. Hubby didn't want to go back out in the blizzard to collect more snow is an over achiever.

To the snow add at least 1 cup sugar. I start with 1 cup and just taste as I go along, I don't like it overly sweet. Stir in 1 T vanilla extract and start adding milk as you stir. The amount of milk you use will depend on the consistency you like. I would say I used a little over 1 cup for this batch. It's best to eat snow ice cream right away, once it's been put in the freezer it loses it's fluffy consistency.

I did make enough to freeze though...

it WILL get eaten around here!

No comments: