Friday, April 1, 2011

OverDrive

Have you heard of OverDrive?  It's a digital distributor of eBooks, audiobooks, and other digital content.  I ran across this gem through my local library website.  OverDrive allows you to download titles onto your computer and other devices, including iPhone, FOR FREE.  I have been using it lately to download audio books because I haven't been reading as often as I would like.  This is a way for me to catch up on some books that have been on my "to read" list.  That list keeps getting longer and longer and I find that by the time I get a chance to read at night, I can barely keep my eyes open.  I used to be a speed reader!  Now, it takes me forever to finish a book.  With the audio on my iPhone, I am able to listen in the car, while I workout or while I cook.  I would really love to listen while I grocery shop, but I hate seeing people in the store with earphones in and I doubt everyone on Aisle 10 wants to hear my book.  It really doesn't compare to holding a book in my hands, but I still feel a sense of accomplishment when I mark a book off my list. My list is eclectic, to say the least.  My latest downloads include Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict and Born Round ...don't judge.

No comments: