Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cracked Up

Have you all seen the new crackle nail polishes?  My daughter bought one recently and I have used it a couple of times.  It's a fun way to update my old polish without going out and buying up lots of new colors. My polish tub is abundantly full, showcasing my love of OPI.  I wonder if I only love it because of the fun names?  Who thinks these up and where can I apply for that job?
So, back to the crackle.  All you do is paint your nails with the base color that you want and when it dries you apply the crackle polish.  When you first put the crackle on, it looks like nothing is going to happen. Once it's been on for about 30 seconds, you will start to see the crackle effect. The first time I did it, I made the mistake of going back over a couple of areas.  Lesson learned: one thin coat is all you need of this stuff, any more than that and the crackle doesn't crackle and you have a big ol' mess.  This time I did a bright pink with the black on top.  I tried a turquoise last week and really like it as well. The crackle polishes come in different colors too, so the possibilities are endless.  What started out as a way to keep from buying too many new colors may just backfire; I'm thinking silver crackle is my next purchase. 


Opi in Don't Know...Beets & China Glaze Crackle in Black Mesh

Pardon the stretched out looking phone photo, weird.


No comments: