Saturday, April 16, 2011

iPad iGnorance

I had high hopes of opening my long awaited iPad 2 and getting straight to the fun. FAIL! I spent the first night upon it's arrival trying to keep from throwing my new "baby" across the room. Nothing was as easy as I thought it was going to be. I literally spent hours just getting my work and personal emails to function properly. I'm no genius but I'm not a technology virgin either. I hate when I call a tech support person and the first things tell me to do have already been done...HELLO, that's why I'm calling you. Now that everything seems to be in working order and I've downloaded some apps that I love, I'm warming up to my new toy. I'm not in love with the smart cover that I got because it doesn't offer protection for the back. So, I'm in the market for a sleeve to keep it from getting scratched up since I want to carry it with me. I'm also looking at the cases with keyboards, although as I sit and type this I am wondering if a separate keyboard is really necessary..at least for my purposes. I welcome all thoughts and suggestions from fellow iPad users.

My new baby really is like, well, a baby: it's kept me up late, taken away from other things I need to do, there are many accessories that while cool aren't really needed (not unlike wipe warmers, really?). I want my baby to look cute, so I am shopping for just the right case (outfit).  I think I may be having way too much fun with the analogies. I'll spare you the others that are floating around in my head. In all seriousness though, I would like to hear about what you can't live without as far as apps and accessories.  I am soliciting your parental advice on how I can best care for my baby.  SORRY, I just had to. 










1 comment:

Carrie said...

We got ours last week and it is a bit of a hassle getting it going. I bought a simple sleeve that looks like black patent leather. I didn't get the smart cover for exactly the lack of back on it. This one is simple and has a hard piece inside to protect the screen and it slides right in my purse!