Thursday, August 7, 2008

Destin






I am sure you were on the edge of your seats waiting for my blog posts from Destin. Well, my new laptop proved to be pretty useless to me while we were gone. Our place (which was AWESOME, by the way) had no wireless access. Plus, when we went down the street to the place our friends were staying to use their wireless, I never could make anything work. Note to self: don't wait til the last minute to get a new fangled gadget! I am more comfortable with my old desktop computer that won't even turn on half the time. I will get better with my new Dell Studio and will come to love it even more than this dinosaur I am sure. But...give me a little bit to play and learn.


So, back to the trip. If you have never been to Destin, all I can say is GO...GO NOW! It was beautiful, and tons of fun. The kids had a great time and there was something for everyone. Drew and Hallie parasailed and I didn't get one picture. Can you believe that? We went out in the water on this banana boat thing that a guy pulled by a Sea Doo. I have experience with Sea Doos and should have had him put my camera in the storage compartment until we got out to the boat. I didn't think of this until we were back on dry land and my babies were on the ground safe and sound. I think I must have been a little nervous about sending them up. They had fun and it was neat to watch. Truth be told, Hallie enjoyed it more than Drew did. He looked a little green when they came down, but he won't admit it!


Everyday was filled with sand, sun, and SEAFOOD. I ate seafood every chance I got and even got it fried most times. Fried seafood here in Tulsa is a HEAVY coat of batter with a small piece of fish in it. I never order it because of that. Now in Destin, it was fresh fish, big pieces, with a LIGHT coating of crispy batter. I could have eaten it until I was sick...wait, I think I did. One night I got a crab leg feast and I was picking those damn things forever. Everyone was done with their dinner and I was still picking away. I think they were grossed out (kind of like when my Mam-Ma would suck on a chicken bone) but I didn't care in the least.


It was great to be there with friends. We met my friend Caron and her family there. Caron and I have been friends since we were 5. I can't believe I can say that I have been her friend for 32 years. We have been through the best of times to together...and some of the worst. This qualifies as one of the best.


Anyhoo...I won't bore you with the details. I'll post pics. You know the old cliche', a picture speaks a thousand words! That'll save me some typing.

No comments: