Thursday, August 7, 2008

Now these are cute...


...I don't care who you are. Family joke, if you are laughing, that was meant for you. If you aren't well then, I wasn't talkin' to you ok? I got this for my birthday. What is "this", you ask? It is a personalized stamp made by a company called Three Designing Women. You should totally check their stuff out, let me make it easy for you:


I have had my eye on one of these for ummm, years I think. I ran across them in a gift shop once and it struck my fancy. Well, I will just say these stamps aren't cheap...and I am ok? This item falls into the category of Things I Want, but Would Never Buy for Myself. Hey, I should just start keeping a list of things that fall into that category cause there are lots. Don't you hate when you want something really bad and then someone says "What do you want for Christmas?", or "Your birthday is coming up, what do you want?" Cause everytime someone asks me that I can't think of anything that is in my above mentioned category. Ok, sorry...back to my stamp. My dad and I were in Ardmore, OK (don't ask!) and we went to this little shop called The Cloverleaf http://www.thecloverleafboutique.com/ Now THAT was a store. Their motto is "spirited shopping"...and it was! So it was close to my birthday and as we were shopping I saw these stamps. My dad said, if I wanted one he would go ahead and order it and it would be here in time for my birthday. So we did and HERE IT IS. Now many of you, including my mom and dad, are wondering, why do you want this? And my answer to you is...I DON'T KNOW! I just knew I wanted one from the first moment I saw them. I had to wait mind you, but now I have it and I am very happy.

Well I have had it about a month now and have stamped random things CAUSE I CAN, but nothing really useful. The stamp looks really cute on the seal of an envelope and it makes me happy when I use it so, look for it if you get mail from me. But then I had a vision...no, I didn't eat the worm out of a tequila bottle...this was a creative vision. And if you know me at all, I would be more likely to actually eat the worm, than be creative in a crafty kind of way. I didn't inherit that crafty gene from my mother. I inherited the impatience gene from my father instead. What that means is that I have enough of her in me to think of really cute stuff that would probably make me rich, but more of him in me that won't allow to actually execute my plan because I end up tearing the thing up because I am mad that it isn't easy to do. UNTIL YESTERDAY, I had a vision, I bought the stuff and I made those cute note cards.
Please don't ask me why my pictures are sideways, as I am asking myself that right now. Rememer that gene I inherited from my dad...well this post just about didn't make it cause I have been trying to figure out why in the *&%$#&! when I go to upload my photos, they are going the right way but when I click DONE, this is what they look like. I am also saying a few choice words, a gene I also inherited from my dad. SO...thanks to my dad I am impatient, have a potty mouth AND I have the stamp I have always wanted!
THANKS DAD!

Update: Did you notice my pictures are going the right way? If you were reading that part and couldn't figure out what I was talking about, well then you read this post AFTER my dad fixed it for me.
Also, while I was at my dad's house I had him give me a few pictures of our shopping spree at The Cloverleaf. See for yourself the "Spirited Shopping"!


You really do have to see it for yourself!

1 comment:

charlieandjuliasmommy said...

Haha! That was a good one! Dad said you're kicking my butt in the blog world! I need to catch up! Miss you sis!