Monday, November 14, 2011

Mediterranean Layer Dip

For a recent girls night I needed to bring a snack to share.  I didn't have time to stop at the store after work so I took to the "use what you have" method.  I had bought some hummus and pita chips at Sam's on my last shopping trip so that was going to be my stand by if I couldn't throw something together.  I ended up throwing something together using the stand by.  My inspiration was Mexican 7 Layer Dip.  I used the hummus as a base then chopped up some cucumber, tomato, and red onion to put on top.  I sprinkled a little dill weed over the veggies then crumbled some feta over the top.  When I was ready to serve it I drizzled the whole thing with olive oil and some fresh cracked pepper. I found that there are some similar recipes on Pinterest, so I guess I didn't invent this dip, but I used what I had to throw it together so I am taking at least partial credit. 

It was much prettier in person, my iPhone photos really aren't up to snuff.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That looks heavenly!