Monday, November 7, 2011

Did You Feel That?

Here in Oklahoma we had not 1, but 2 earthquakes this weekend.  Yes, you read that right.  Earthquakes.  In Oklahoma.  Weird, huh?  We slept right through the first one that hit around 2:30 in the AM on Saturday.  The only reason I even knew it happened was thanks to my "must check Facebook immediately upon waking" habit.  People that live in my neighborhood said it woke them up but the 2 adults, 2 kids, and 4 dogs at our house slept right through it.  On Saturday, we went to some friend's house to watch the OU game and stayed after to play Scrabble and then the guys watched the Bama/LSU game.  After a day of food, football and fun we were exhausted and headed to the house.  As soon as we got home the second quake hit.  I walked in the door and it sounded like a stampede was coming my way.  Things started rattling and I literally felt the earth move under my feet.  This one was stronger than the night before, but I can't believe we were able to sleep through the first one.  People say they wouldn't want to live in Oklahoma because of the tornadoes, but at least you get a warning when a twister is coming!

No comments: