Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I Couldn't Have Said it Better Myself

This past weekend we celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary.  We took a day trip to one of our favorite places, Eureka Springs.  We got married there and love to get back there when we can.  The foliage this time of year is unbelievable, and we just love the vibe of the slower pace there! We shopped and ate and shopped some more.  While going on little jaunts like that are so much fun, I feel even more lucky to share my regular everyday life with such an amazing partner.  These six years have absolutely flown by and I can't wait to see what the next ones will bring.  Have you heard Blake Shelton's song God Gave Me You? He really sums it all up way better than I ever could (guess that's why he's getting paid the big bucks).
On my own I’m only
Half of what I could be
I can’t do without you
We are stitched together
And what love has tethered
I pray we never undo

Cause God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
And for when I think I lost my way
There are no words here left to say, it’s true
God gave me you, gave me you.
He gave me you.

Here's to you, the love of my life, and the life we have made.

  





No comments: