Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer Suppers

Man y'all, it's H-O-T!  You know my love for cooking (and eating), but this weather is curbing my appetite for both.  We have been living on salads and sammies over here.  I am currently addicted to Greek salads with chicken.  I marinate the chicken all day while I go about my business then throw it on the grill at dinner time.  Another staple is a good ol' BLT.  I add avocado and that just kicks it up to the point of eye rolling good.  I have put my ice cream maker to work too!  I just whipped up a batch of mocha almond, and yes, it was as good as it sounds. I've got some fresh mozzarella and home grown tomatoes just waiting to be dressed in basil and balsamic--sounds like lunch tomorrow.  What are you all doing to keep cool as a cucumber in the kitchen?

No comments: