Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

So, what did you do last night? We had a delicious dinner and an evening of fun and games at the Farve's. The Mahan's were in town and and we had a great time catching up with them as well. Deb and Tony are always such awesome hosts. They love to cook and dinner at their house is always a treat. We had a Mediterranean feast! One of our favorites is when they do cabbage rolls and stuffed grape leaves with all the traditional sides. Deb makes the best hummus, for a white girl anyway, that I have ever had. So anyway, last night did not disappoint. They made Kafta. Have you heard of it? It's a Mediterranean meatloaf! Now, I loves me some meatloaf and this one was no exception. They served it with some tasty Greek greenbeans and hummus with pita bread. There was also this yummy cucumber sauce, sort of like what you would put on a Gyro. One of the best things about having meatloaf for dinner, is that you get to have meatloaf sandwiches the next day. I couldn't stop thinking about how you could use some of this meatloaf, put it in a pita bread with some of that cucumber sauce and VOILA', you've got yourself a Mediterranean Meatloaf Sammy! I think Deb actually hid the leftovers from me at that point. So after dinner we began our evening of imbibing. Because I am a princess, I like to sip on champagne ALL NIGHT. I mean, really, why wait until midnight. That is really such a waste. You get one glass and then off to bed...heck no, not me! From Thanksgiving to New Years Night I cannot tell you how many bottles of the bubbly I go through. Luckily, I am a princess with cheap taste, if it's got bubbles in it, I'm good. I think I have 2 bottles left and just talking about it makes me think I better get started on those today. After tonight, I really have to start being better about what I am putting in my body. In the last year I have gotten healthier about my eating and have made working out a priority. However, in the last 2 weeks, I think I forgot how to do those things. Why does it take so long to start new habits, but it's so darn easy to go back to the old ones? Well, I'm off, that champagne really is calling my name, I bet even you can hear it. Does that mean I have a problem?
The Boss Man and Me at 12:00, his first glass of champagne

A New Years hug from my favorite girl in the world...
...my favorite boy was in Edmond with his Nana and PaPa.

No comments: