Monday, April 23, 2012

Overnight Oats

These aren't your typical oats, I think these would be more aptly called breakfast pudding. So don't let the idea of cold oatmeal turn you off, try these!  I used this recipe for the base but  I didn't add any fruit until ready to serve; I did sweeten all of my jars with Stevia as I made them.  After searching the web for other versions, I found the basic recipes to all be pretty similar, but the sky is the limit as far as add-ins.  We did fresh strawberries and bananas this morning.  I added a sprinkling of cinnamon and nutmeg to mine and it was really good.  I found it to be easier to put the oats into a bowl so I could really stir the fruit in, the jars were pretty full. 
If you've never used chia seeds, you will love them.  You can read all about them here, there are also some other inspiration recipes for overnight oats.  I can't wait to try the pumpkin and the peanut butter!

No comments: