Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

This Easter is one of the best I've ever had.  The older I get, the more clear it becomes how very blessed I am in the family department.  My sister was home with all of her kids in tow, and both my kids were able to join us since neither of them had to work.  It's not very often that we all get to be together even though we really don't live that far apart.  My family went to church the Friday before Easter Sunday so we were able to have the whole day at mom and dad's.  I got up early to boil eggs for the deviled eggs I took for lunch.  I also picked up a carrot cake, I just think Easter calls for it.  However, this wasn't my smartest move since all I can think about is eating the rest of it.  I finally threw out the last piece last night, not before I ate plenty of it after school. 

One funny thing we did was take my new nephew's picture in an Easter egg hat and bib that my son had his picture taken in on his first Easter.  They share the same birthday, 20 years apart! We even got Drew to let us snap his picture in it too, I'll spare him the embarrassment of sharing that with you, but trust me, it'll be good for a laugh for many years to come!


No comments: