Sunday, January 15, 2012

Foodie Finds

We spent another fabulous weekend in Eureka Springs. This time we were lucky to have our good friends join us. This time of year is the off season, so things are especially quiet around there. We ate, shopped, and ate some more. Did I mention we ate? Wow, I am feeling pretty sure that I can go without eating until at least mid week. I'm also wondering what in the world I might fit into for work tomorrow. Thank God for leggings! Here are a few of the things I picked up on our shopping extravaganza.
Have you all heard of a Butter Bell?  Well apparently, butter doesn't need to be refrigerated.  It's the air, not the temperature that can cause butter to go rancid.  The Butter Bell is a little crock that you put water in to create a seal around the bell part where the butter is stored.  This way, you have soft, spreadable butter at the ready all the time. 
So, here it is just keeping my butter all ready to go for me. You really should check this thing out. 
This is the best coffee in the world.  Yes, you are reading that right, it's Christmas Blend.  Apparently, this flavor is so popular that they keep it in stock year 'round.  It really doesn't have that typical "Christmas-y" taste you think of when you think Christmas Blend.  It's an almond vanilla flavor that is perfect.  I bought this as part of a Secret Pal gift during the Holidays and the gift-ee hunted me down to find out where I got it.  I picked her up 2 more bags on this trip.  Gourmet Eureka will ship this stuff to your door, I highly recommend it.

If you like Bloody Mary's this mix is the best we've tried.  It's also good to cook with, but the hubs hates it if he wants one of his delish Bloody Mary's and I've used the mix in what's cookin'.  This mix doesn't need any "doctoring" up, it's just spicy enough and has a good little kick to it.  I haven't been able to find this locally, but I have been keeping an eye out.  This also came from Gourmet Eureka.

We had such a great time with our friends, it was fun sharing our favorite spots with them.  We are lucky to have such good friends that we treasure, we really don't get to spend enough time with them, so this was an extra special treat. 








No comments: