Sunday, October 9, 2011

Down on the Farm

We were recently extended an invitation to attend a "farm to table" dinner. We met at our friend's country club then hopped on a motor coach that took us to a farm just a few miles outside of town. The setting was gorgeous, intricately carved pumpkins and hay bales lined the walkway into the farm and I knew we were in for a treat. We toured the farm, which is sustainable and all organic. After the tour we were seated at a beautifully set table right smack dab in the middle of the farm. Here are a few pics I was able to snap with my phone. 
This bar greeted us as we came up the pumpkin lined path.

 The menu: the pumpkin soup and the pork belly were the highlights of the meal.

This soup was amazing, never mind the presentation, I'd eat this stuff out of a trough.

Enjoying a glass of wine before the tour.
He doesn't drink wine.  He's not a photographer.  How did this happen?
I wish I had gotten more pics, but hopefully some of those that the hubs snapped with our friend's camera will capture the evening better than I did.  We had such a great time, it was definitely a treat!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What an awesome experience! I want to do that so bad. (I have to email you the link to a farm to table event gone horribly wrong. It has to do with the health dept. They ruined their event).

PS: Was this in Bixby?

You'll see when I send you the link.
-Shannon