Wednesday, July 22, 2009

PERFECTION

My mom dropped off the holy grail of summer the other night! HOME GROWN 'MATERS. There is just NOTHING like a home grown tomato. Even if you think you don't like tomatoes, I am telling you to try one now. I feel like the Bubba Gump of tomatoes. I have had BLT's,
Caprese salad, tuna salad stuffed tomatoes, balsamic tomatoes, and just sliced tomatoes sprinkled with salt. I am going to mix up a batch this over the weekend.
Funky Spaghetti
from Jamie Oliver, that crazy Naked Chef
1 pound spaghetti or linguine ( I also like bowtie pasta with this)
4-5 tomatoes, cut into bite size pieces
2 handfuls of fresh basil
6-8 glugs of good olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Splash of red wine vinegar
Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients, except the pasta. Leave this sitting out on your counter to let the flavors mingle. When you are ready for dinner, just cook the pasta and toss it with the tomato mixture. I like to grate fresh parm on top while the pasta is piping hot.
This is like a summer version of crockpot cooking. You can get the tomato mixture prepped ahead of time and go on about your business until dinner.

1 comment:

PorkStar said...

that looks so freaking good!