Tuesday, December 27, 2011

NYE Menu Planning

I should be de-Christmasing my house, but instead I am on my couch searching for recipes to try on New Year's Eve.  We are looking forward to spending New Year's with some dear friends and these particular friends just happen to like to eat, drink, and be merry as much as we do! We have already decided that we will do fondue, or as we are calling it, "FUNdue".  I'm doing a traditional Swiss fondue with garlic and wine, my friend is doing a sharp cheddar fondue with a dark beer.  I love to dip cauliflower and green apples into the hot, bubbly cheese.  We will also have crusty cubes of bread and some other veggies for the spread.  Instead of doing a chocolate fondue for dessert, we figured we'd be sick of dipping and would be ready to just plate up some sweets.  I'm requesting their famous French Silk Pie, while I think I will make the Strawberry Pretzel Salad  I found on Pinterest.  Since fondue really needs to be eaten quickly to keep the cheese from burning, I figured I'd plan on a few appetizers to have sitting out so we can graze continue the food drunk all night.  What are your plans for ringing in the New Year?  Whatever your plans, I hope you are surrounded by people you love; I know we will be.

No comments: