Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Long Time No "See"

DAAANG! It's been awhile huh? How ya been? If you've been anything like me, you've been busy. I know we all say we are busy, and I know that busy is relative...but I can say that I have been busy and not feel one bit guilty about saying it to someone who may be busier than me.

I am working on my National Boards and I knew it was going to be a lot of work, so I can't claim ignorance. I thought I would wait until Drew was driving so I could at least just be a taxi for one. So, since he started driving last March, I applied for the scholarship to do NB. I wasn't really sure if I was ready, but I filled out the app and figured, if now is the right time, I will get it and if it isn't, I won't. Well, I got it. Hence the funfilled trip to Ardmore this summer for preparation. Well, even then I thought, I can totally do this. I am just feeling overwhelmed with all the stuff hanging over my head. I wasn't prepared for feeling guilty every time I do something fun because I should be at home researching, analyzing, reflecting, writing, etc... I have always had meetings to attend for work or booster clubs, you know, all that fun stuff. Now I get to add NB meetings to that, and there are several different groups that have meetings that I need to attend.

I could really go on and on, I guess I am venting! I would drink wine, but I have an early meeting in the morning...go figure! Oh, yeah, and one after school too. BUT, all that said, I could never be doing this without the help of my hubby. He is picking up the slack for me. I will be the first to admit, this cannot be an easy task. I am a FREAK about the house and the laundry. I am the person who cannot sit and enjoy a show if I look over and see dust on the coffee table. I don't mean like I am thinking "I'll dust after the show", I mean like I am seriously looking at the dust more than the show. I try to fight it because I know I will be made fun of around here for getting up and taking care of it. But, I always lose the battle. I will dust so I can relax. I guess you are thinking that my house must be a immaculate after reading that. Sad thing is, it sooooo isn't cause I really am the only one who sees those FREAKING SHOES THAT HAVE BEEN UNDER THE BARSTOOLS FOR LIKE EVER!!!!!!! Now I am one to look for the silver lining and here it is. Billy is starting to keep the house in such a way that I don't completely lose my mind. I mean, he is on it. Truth be told, he's probably scared of me. I can throw a heck of a fit and in case you can't tell, I am teetering on the verge of a full fledged temper tantrum!

No comments: