Monday, September 15, 2008

Where On Earth Does the Time Go?

Cliche', huh? But no, I really do need someone to answer this age old adage!!!! I just got Drew's school pictures back and was thinking about putting the new one in our nifty frame that holds a pic from all the years he's been in school. I went...wait this can't be right. IT'S THE LAST SPACE AVAILABLE!!! The next one is the big space that is for your Senior Pics. I am not believing it. I can so clearly remember getting his 1st Grade pictures back and not really loving them. He wasn't really smiling, more of a "scared to death" smirk. I toyed with doing retakes but my fear was that they could potentially turn out worse and those are what I would be stuck with. All these years later, that picture is my very favorite. He looked too cute for words and I thought my boy was so big, getting his first "big boy" school picture and all. I guess next year is the true "big boy" school picture! I can't believe how time flies.

I started looking at Hallie's too, thinking I better enjoy this while it lasts, cause it really doesn't last long. As I looked at each picture it took me back to where we were and what we were doing each year. I have watched her grow from that precious little girl that everyone said looked like Cindy Loo Hoo from the Grinch Who Stole Chrismtas to this beautiful girl that I know will become an amazing woman!

I hate a cliche' as much as the next person, but really...WHERE ON EARTH DOES THE TIME GO???

I don't really have any digital pics of them when they were much younger than this, honey that was before digital! Well hell, I guess it's been longer than I realize!

No comments: