Monday, September 1, 2008

4 Day Week

Since today is Labor Day, we are just looking at a 4 day work week ahead of us. Last week teachers in our district had a 4 day week with the kids but we had "professional development" on Friday. Usually these PD days aren't too bad, you get a break from the daily grind with students, you get to see teahers from other buildings that you know etc... Well I dare say that this particular day most of us would have rather just been at school! We are learning a new reading program and the whole day just gave me a headache. Really. I am not easily shaken (or strirred, for that matter) that is the perfect saying because all that could have made me feel better after that training was a martini. A Flirtini from ITR to be more precise. However, I was too tired, irritated, flustered, overwhelmed...you feelin' me here? Hallie, Mom, and I ended up going shopping. We went to TJ Maxx to return a cute purse I had gotten and enjoyed for about a week. I noticed that a piece of the trim had fallen off. I am a bit of a purse snob and this particular purse was not a "brand" I would usually carry. However, the cute factor was such that I didn't even care. It was a green patent leather tote type bag. The perfect green for Fall, I might add! Some may have even argued that you really couldn't tell that the piece was missing unless you were really inspecting it. But folks, as I stated before, the purse snob in me just couldn't do it. I could get over that it wasn't the "it" brand, but the fact that I had it such a short time and it was falling apart just would not do. Maybe the purse snob thing is warranted. Hmm, something to think about. Anyway, it was bye, bye bag cute bag and hello old trusty bag. I had packed it away nicely in it's dust cover too. Thinking how I would be enjoying my new bag for some time and I didn't want my old bag to get dust bunnies in it until I was ready to use it again. Well, needless to say that didn't last long. Moral of this story is, next time you really really want that pricey purse you can argue that no matter how long you carry it, the thing will not just start falling to pieces. You will save money in the long run because you won't have to keep purchasing new, less expensive bags. Thank me later girls, because I know you have said that at least once to yourself and probably have said it out loud to anyone who might scoff at your more expensive purchase. Now you can totally back it up. Use me as research, cite me as your source! I'm really just here to help a sista out.

No comments: