Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I Got Nothin...

I have been MIA lately. I feel like I got nothin' to say, yet even as I type that I know it's ridiculous. I have been reflecting on the past year and realize that I have more than enough material! I am grateful for all the people, both family and friends, that I am fortunate enough to know. Maybe it's because I am on the down side of my 30's or maybe it's because by baby boy is graduating from high school this year; not sure what it is, but I have been counting my blessings lots more these days. I have always been unconditionally loved by my family, supported by my friends, and have had more than any person needs to live comfortably, however I can say the road hasn't always been an easy one. I am in an especially comfortable place right now and I feel lucky that I am aware and present in these moments. These are the top 10 things I am grateful for right now:
  1. My children are beautiful, happy, and healthy.
  2. My husband loves me in a way that is hard for me to comprehend.
  3. My parents are healthy.
  4. My children will carry memories of the relationship with their nana and papa with them long after nana and papa are gone. Some of my BEST memories are of my mam-ma and papa.
  5. My sister and I have become best friends.
  6. I'm thankful for those few extra pounds I have put on because it means I have enough to eat.
  7. I'm thankful for that gym membership that will help me take those pounds off when I stop making a pig of myself.
  8. I'm thankful for my messy house and the laundry that piles up because it means we are living life.
  9. I'm thankful that when I start freaking out about the messy house and the laundry that piles up, people get to work before momma freaks out.
  10. I'm thankful that TCC offers free tuition so I get to keep my boy home with me a little longer...he will most assuredly not be adding this to the list of things he is thankful for.

No comments: